This sample configuration is based on an HP ProCurve 29xx switch. Other models may have slight configuration variations.
If you're collecting flow from multiple devices sharing the same public IP, you must configure chfagent to send flow to Kentik.
These instructions assume:
- You have Telnet / SSH credentials and access to your HP switch.
- You have your enable password, if applicable.
- The device has already been added to your AuvikFlow (Kentik) integration.
- The sampling rate will be set to 1024.
Access your switch’s CLI
- Telnet or SSH into your HP router.
- Enter configuration mode by typing “configure”. Enter your configuration password, if necessary.
In this section, we’ll:
- Configure an sFlow destination.
- Configure sFlow sampling rate and apply to all ports.
Type the following in your switch: sFlow 1 destination 220.127.116.11 20013 sFlow 1 sampling all 1024 write memory