This sample configuration is based on a Juniper MX80 series router. Other models may have slight configuration variations.
If you're collecting flow from multiple devices sharing the same public IP, you must configure chfagent to send flow to Kentik.
These instructions assume:
- You have Telnet / SSH credentials and access to your Juniper router.
- You have your enable password, if applicable.
- The device has already been added to your AuvikFlow (Kentik) integration.
Access your switch’s CLI
- Telnet or SSH into your Juniper router.
- Enter configuration mode by typing “configure”. Enter your configuration password, if necessary.
In this section, we’ll:
- Associate a sampling instance with the Forwarding Engine Processor.
- Configure a sampling instance for the flow server and inline Jflow instances.
- Set the flow server IP and port number.
- Enable flow monitoring and specify the source address for the traffic.
- Specify the output properties.
For the “jflow source-address”, enter the IP address of the router.
Type the following in your router:
set chassis tfeb slot 0 sampling-instance sampling-ins1 edit instance inline_sample set rate 1024 edit flow-server 184.108.40.206 set port 20013 set inline-jflow source-address <address of router> set version-ipfix commit save