This sample configuration is based on a Juniper MX80 series router. Other models may have slight configuration variations.
- If you're collecting flow from multiple devices sharing the same public IP, these instructions may vary. Contact Auvik support for assistance.
- These instructions assume:
- You have Telnet / SSH credentials and access to your Juniper router.
- You have your enable password, if applicable.
- The firewall is the only device exporting flow to AuvikFlow.
- The device has already been added to your AuvikFlow (Kentik) integration.
Access your switch’s CLI
- Telnet or SSH into your Juniper router.
- Enter configuration mode by typing “configure”. Enter your configuration password, if necessary.
In this section, we’ll:
- Associate a sampling instance with the Forwarding Engine Processor.
- Configure a sampling instance for the flow server and inline Jflow instances.
- Set the flow server IP and port number.
- Enable flow monitoring and specify the source address for the traffic.
- Specify the output properties.
For the “jflow source-address”, enter the IP address of the router.
Type the following in your router:
set chassis tfeb slot 0 sampling-instance sampling-ins1 edit instance inline_sample set rate 1024 edit flow-server 184.108.40.206 set port 20013 set inline-jflow source-address <address of router> set version-ipfix commit save