The sample configuration below is based on an HP 2530 switch. Other models may have slight configuration variations.
If you're collecting flow from multiple devices sharing the same public IP, you must configure chfagent to send flow to Kentik.
These instructions assume:
- You have Telnet / SSH credentials and access to your HP 25xx switch.
- You have your enable password, if applicable.
- The device has already been added to your AuvikFlow (Kentik) integration.
Access your switch’s CLI
- Telnet or SSH into your HP switch.
- (If necessary) Enter privileged mode by typing enable and entering your enable password.
Now we input commands to do the following things:
- Enable the sFlow process on your switch.
- Configure the process to send flow packets to the appropriate server and port.
- Configure the sampling and polling rate.
- Save and apply our configuration changes.
On your switch, type:
sflow 1 destination 184.108.40.206 20013
sflow 1 sampling all 1
sflow 1 polling all 20