There are a few possible issues you might experience when trying to integrate Auvik with Freshdesk:
- Testing the connection fails
- New Auvik alerts aren’t opening new Freshdesk tickets
- Alerts aren’t clearing in either Freshdesk or Auvik
Testing the connection fails
After setting the integration details for your new Auvik / Freshdesk integration, you selected Test Connection. You received a fail message.
The first thing to check is whether the username and password or API key you entered are correct.
If your Auvik / Freshdesk integration has been set up using a username and password, click the eye () in the password field to reveal the password you entered. If the username or password look incorrect, make any corrections and click Test Connection again.
If your Auvik / Freshdesk integration has been set up using the Freshdesk API key, you’ll need to confirm the key. To do this, you need to log into your Freshdesk dashboard.
Once you’re confident the credentials you entered are valid, let’s double check the URL you entered for your Freshdesk instance. We need to make sure it’s a complete URL. Example: https://auviksample.freshdesk.com.
If Test Connection is still producing a failure after you’ve confirmed the credentials and URL are correct, please contact Auvik support.
New Auvik alerts aren’t opening new Freshdesk tickets
Alerts triggered in Auvik aren’t being sent to Freshdesk.
Check whether the credentials set on your Auvik / Freshdesk integration are correct. From your dashboard, select to edit the integration. Click Test Connection.
- If you receive a pass message, click Cancel.
- If you receive a fail message, confirm the username and password or API key are correct. If you need to update the username and password, remember to click Save to capture the updated credentials.
Now that you’ve confirmed the credentials are accurate, are you still experiencing issues? If so, let’s dig into configuration details.
We need to confirm the Auvik / Freshdesk configuration. To do this, work through the article on integrating Auvik with Freshdesk step by step.
If everything looks good with the configuration, both in Freshdesk and Auvik, but the alerts still aren’t being sent from Auvik to Freshdesk, please contact Auvik support.
Alerts aren’t clearing in either Freshdesk or Auvik
An alert opened in Auvik has been sent to Freshdesk, but after closing the ticket in either system, the other application isn’t being updated.
Confirm that the callback URL from your Auvik / Freshdesk observer rule is correct in Freshdesk.
- From your MSP dashboard, select to edit the Freshdesk integration.
- Click Copy, then Cancel.
- Paste the callback URL into a notepad or text file.
- Return to your Freshdesk application and paste the copied URL into the observer rule for your integration.
- Click Save.
If everything looks good with the observer rule in Freshdesk, but the alerts still aren’t updating as expected, please contact Auvik support.